Shih-Chung Jessy Kang Ph.D., S.E. （康仕仲）
Prof. Shih-Chung Jessy Kang obtained his Ph.D. in Stanford University. He worked at National Taiwan University for 12 years and joined University of Alberta from 2018. His research mainly focuses on the smart technologies, including sensing and artificial intelligence, for construction cranes. These technologies will increase the productivity and safety of crane operations. Prof. Kang offers online courses in Coursera from 2013. One of the courses ranked top 2% MOOCs among Chinese learners.
- Co-Editor-in-Chief, International Journal of Visualization in Engineering, Springer.
- Board Member, The International Society for Computing in Civil and Building Engineering
- Adjunct Researcher, Center of Weather Climate and Disaster, National Taiwan University.
- Chair, Social Innovation Group, INSIGHT Center, National Taiwan University.
- Associate Director, BIM Center, Department of Civil Engineering, National Taiwan University.
Education and Academic Experiences
- Visiting Scholar, University of Washington, USA, 2012 (Jun to Sep).
- International Visiting Academics, Teesside University, UK, 2011 (Jun to Sep).
- Ph.D. Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Stanford University, 2001~2005.
- M.S. Department of Civil Engineering, National Taiwan University, 1995~1997.
- B.S. Department of Civil Engineering, National Cheng Kung University, 1991~1995.
- Google Calendar [LINK]